• 8 breast halves (chicken, skinless)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 onion (peeled and quartered)
• 1 tsp ginger root (finely chopped fresh)
• 1 tsp crushed garlic
• 1 tbsp curry powder (hot madras)
• 15 ozs tomato sauce
• 10 ozs coconut milk
• 4 whole cloves
• 4 cardamom pods
• 1 cinnamon sticks
• salt (taste)
• Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then saute chicken until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
• Saute onions in skillet until translucent; add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, then stir in curry powder.
• Return chicken to skillet and add tomato sauce, coconut milk, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Season with salt to taste and stir all together.
• Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 20 to 25 minutes.